Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chili and Cornbread in a Jar

I am basically stealing this amazing idea from another blog that I just happened on this afternoon while waiting patiently for my bathroom door to dry. See more from this obviously creative person here. (The more I look the more really awesome ideas I find on this blog. You should check out Giver's Log only if you want to get stuck on the Internet for awhile...)

Here is the recipe for the delicious looking chili and cornbread in a jar...

1. Make homemade chili in advance and scoop it into jars. She got her recipe for her homemade chili from Cook's Illustrated.

2. When it is time for dinner mix some cornbread batter and spoon it on top of the chili.


3. Bake the entire thing in the oven until a toothpick comes out of the cornbread clean.

4. Add a little butter, and if you like a touch of honey and voila...chili and cornbread in a jar!


Yum! I can't wait to try it! I am a little concerned about the jar in the oven though...I am going to go and look that up now...I will let you know what I find out...

1 comment:

  1. These sound absolutely delicious!! I really love the sound of this... Hope it's okay I've featured your post here on my hub:http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/Frugal-Handmade-Gift-Ideas-Gifts-In-a-Jar

    Thanks so much for sharing this! Many blessings to you :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik