Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mrs. G, do people really use math in the real world?

Yes!

I am constantly remind my students that math is an important part of everyone's life regardless of what they do! To their surprise people that work in banks are not the only people in the world that have to understand math. My students seem to misunderstand maths significance in their lives, so with the help of a very sweet friend, I have started "Real World Math Fridays."

This is our first week and I can't wait to test it out! The students are always so engaged when we do things like this so, I can't wait to see their faces light up when they realize they get to help solve someone else's real world math problem!

Click here to check out our first video.

1 comment:

  1. would love to hear about the activities you do! i try to use real world examples on a daily basis with my kids...sometimes they love it and sometimes they don't.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik