Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I wanted to complain and I gripe as I started thinking about putting out the Christmas decorations because I really wanted a new tree, but since that wasn't in the cards for us this year (graduate school for two...) I knew I needed to change my attitude (and quickly).

I pulled out the tree and saw that it was looking a little bit like the Leaning Tower of Pisa which normally would have made matters worse, but with my changed attitude I embraced it. Instead of running to Target for a new one, we made it work.

I guess the more I thought about it the more I realized the reason that we have a Christmas tree at all is to remind us of our Savior's birth. It doesn't have to be a large, well decorated tree to do serve that purpose. Once we finished setting it up it really didn't look that bad and it served its purpose well.

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik