Thursday, October 28, 2010

...like a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...

My favorite time of year has finally arrived. I guess since the weather has been unseasonably warm it is hard to imagine that in just two short months I could be out of school for snow days and my favorite season will be over. I just hope that it lasts long enough for me to enjoy some of my favorite things. This time of year brings; cold walks around our neighborhood, lots of really amazing (and bad for you) food, leaf raking sessions with my crazy yard work loving husband, movie (or t.v.) marathons wrapped in a blanket on the couch, and the Fort Thomas Pumpkin Walk. I have to admit I have only actually been to "the walk" two years (this being my second year), but we enjoyed it so much last year that we decided to make an appearance once again.

Anyway, the pumpkin walk is the Thursday before Halloween every year and families all over the Fort turn in pumpkins they have carved with their families to be judged. There are several categories. This year John thought what better way to get involved than carve our own pumpkins to put in the walk. So we did. Johnny was going for the traditional triangle eyes type pumpkin and I decided to carve a happy pumpkin. Guess who won? While John was slaving over his pumpkin I finished my design and carving in less than an hour. If you couldn't guess, I won!

I received first place and a prize! It was a lot of fun and I am sure that everyone in town was just amazed at my pumpkin carving skills. Take a look for yourself. What do you think?


I guess I am getting pretty close to checking all of my favorite things off the list. I have gone on plenty of cold walks around our neighborhood, enjoyed TOO MUCH really amazing (and bad for you) food (already...I know!?), had my fair share of leaf raking sessions with my crazy yard work loving husband, and if you know me you know that I am kind of obsessed with t.v. (so checking that off shouldn't be a problem), and the Fort Thomas Pumpkin Walk was successful in every way. I won and my pumpkin will hold the title of "Happiest Pumpkin" until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik