Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Paradise

This was only the beginning of our "paradise" in the making...

I have mentioned that my husband loves yard work, but more importantly he longs for his yard to be the "best" in the neighborhood. He has some tough competition too, because his parents live in our neighborhood and Big John is REALLY good at yard work. But, as we have put more time and sweat into our backyard we have begun calling it our "paradise." It kind of is a get-away and we are looking forward to spending more time out there this summer. As I was thinking about our "paradise" it reminded me of a verse in Luke.

"Jesus said to him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" Luke 23:43

This is an awesome promise. When we are no longer apart of this earth we are promised eternity in "paradise" if our hope is in Jesus. How amazing will it be when we are given eternity in the one true paradise? Incredible. I really have no other words.

Scout enjoying his first "real" bone.

I thought I would add a short clip of our sweet dog Scout. He is enjoying his first "real" bone (not the raw hide kind I buy from Target) in the backyard...he loves our backyard too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik