Thursday, July 21, 2011

Softball Games in 100 Degrees

One of my favorite things about summer is going to the Fort to watch Johnny and all of his friends play softball. It kind of sounds like I am talking about a little kid, but Johnny really is my husband, I promise.

Softball (or sports in general) is one of those things that I am completely horrible at and it always amazes me how John's talent far exceeds my expectations whenever he takes on the field. Tonight he was subbing for a team Jimmy plays on and as usual played with everything he's got. I hope he passes his passion and a little bit of his competitiveness down to our little one someday.

Alicia and I brought the dogs and walked them around the field while the boys played. Yes, it was really hot, nearly 100 degrees and while our plan was to continue walking throughout the game the dogs had other plans. They parked it in the grass before we made it half way around the field (the first time).


We ended up finding our places on the bleachers, gave the dogs something to drink, and caught up while we watched the end of the game. Even in the heat we had fun and enjoyed the game (that they won).

It kind of reminds me of that Kenny Chesney song...

Summertime is finally here
That old ballpark, man, is back in gear
Out on 49
Man I can see the lights

School's out and the nights roll in
Man, just like a long lost friend
You ain't seen in a while
And can't help but smile

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik