Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This Saturday I am celebrating my birthday (even though it is not until Tuesday)! 27 years! Wow, that sounds really old...I am still trying to get used to it.

Anyway, the reason I am writing this post it to tell the blog world (or those select few that read my blog) that I am so thankful for all that I have and I decided early on that I didn't need any gifts for my birthday this year. I told Johnny this year would be different. I told him that I won't give him any ideas and I won't accept any gifts. Instead we are taking the money that would normally go toward gifts and we are spending it on random acts of kindness.

The plan is to go with Johnny, Jane, and a couple of friends to do 27 (in honor of the big day) random acts of kindness all over Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are starting by delivering an Angel Tree gift to a sweet little girl in Cincinnati and then from there the sky is the limit. I have a list of tentative ideas but I can't wait to see what God just drops in our laps!

Wish us luck! Pictures to follow.

Oh and by the way, you can join us if you want! Just wherever you are do something random to make someone smile! I promise it will bring you joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik