Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Race

Thanksgiving is a great time to remember all the reasons we have to be thankful. I feel so blessed for so many things in my life and while you may find this particular thing a little odd to be thankful for it is something that I have loved to do for a long time.

Run.

This Thanksgiving a friend of mine asked me to run in the Thanksgiving Day Race in Cincinnati. We procrastinated until the day before to register, but we did it. We ran a 10K in honor of so many worthwhile charities.


We ran and finished in an hour but this was not the best part of our morning. The best part was that another friend of mine decided to run too! This particular friend had not ran in a race prior to this day. It was her first race since she started running a few months back but she was ready and it was obvious when she picked up her pace after the first kilometer. She finished the race in 1 hour and 5 minutes!!

If that is not amazing, I don't know what is! I was so proud of her! She worked hard and I knew she could do it. She just had to step outside of her comfort zone and pick up her normal walking pace...and she did! She has taught me/reminded me the importance of determination and what it means to never give up on a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik