Thursday, January 19, 2012

3 Meals in 3 Days

3 meals in 3 days may not be an accomplishment for any of you, but for me this is a HUGE accomplishment. Before Johnny and I got married and started living together I would literally eat cereal and/or ice cream for dinner (unless of course I ate at his parents house...) and I was completely fine with it. Hey, my pyramid wasn't that off balance. I ate a little dairy, a little grain, and a little more dairy. But now that I have a husband I feel like it's pretty important to feed him.

So this week my personal goal was to cook at least three edible meals that Johnny would enjoy!

Tuesday Night (Meal #1): Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
4 ounces linguine, cooked
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Place chicken and cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat add heavy cream, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

Quote from Johnny: "This is the best dish you've made in a long time." (Remember I don't cook that often but that also doesn't come out my sweet husband's mouth that often either...)

Wednesday Night (Meal #2): Tacos

There was absolutely NOTHING special about my tacos. I even used the seasoning packet from the grocery, but I will say it was a warm meal and it was on the table at dinner time so it counts!

Thursday Night (Meal #3): Crockpot Italian Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 cans cream of chicken soup

Mix all ingredients together in a crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours. If sauce is too thick, add a little milk. Serve over rotini pasta.

If you can't tell I love pasta! If there is a way to incorporate it into a meal I normally do! This week was no different. We haven't eaten yet, but this dish is smelling delicious!

Now, if only I could keep this streak going...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik