Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Picture Book" Art

I have loved gathering ideas and different style tips from Pinterest for the twin's nursery.  It has been by far my favorite space to decorate in our entire house and while it is far from finished I feel like I have a pretty good start!  This past week I was looking through some things I had pinned and saw this picture...


Immediately I thought back to our purchase at the Antique Mall Johnny and I visited while in Lexington and knew exactly what two books I would use to attempt this project.  I found the shadow boxes at Michaels (I looked EVERYWHERE for white but they do not exist) so I ended up with black frames that I will have to spray paint white.  Here are a few pictures of this very EASY project.  

Step 1: Gather materials


 Step 2: Read the book and determine favorite pictures and corresponding words



Step 3: Trace the inside of this perfect size heart cookie cutter to know exactly where to cut the picture and then cut.

**If you are anything like me this is the hardest part!  Cutting pages out of a book was almost too much but I did it for the sake of this really {cute} project and made it through without too much trauma.



Step 4: Lay out the pictures and words where you want them on your mat.  I am waiting for the final step to glue the picture down because I wanted to find a white background to go with the frames since I am spray painting them white too.


Step 5: Admire your handy work!  I love them and I can't wait to actually get them finished and up on the wall in the nursery.  Things are really starting to come together!  More on that later...



1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik