Sunday, February 12, 2017

I'll Always Miss You

This weekend was full.

It started on Thursday and won't be complete until I finally close my eyes this evening and prepare myself for this long week ahead.

In this whirlwind that was our weekend we crammed in so many things.  We enjoyed a big family dinner on Friday evening, spent the day in Columbus at the American Girl Doll Store for Kiley's birthday (while Johnny had a basketball game and spent the day with Gigi and Poppy), we ate pizza and put together a new puzzle on Saturday evening, we went to church and learned about how God made us each unique and in His image, we grabbed lunch and then ran through the grocery store so that our pantry didn't look quite so bare this week, prepped lunches and all the fruits and veggies for the week, I got my hair cut (thank you Julie!), and then we spent the evening with everyone again before the Gesenhues head back to Florida.  It was busy.  It was so good to see everyone that we spent time with this weekend.




     


Some weekends I need this.  When the weight of missing Charlie could swallow me up, I like being so busy I don't have time to stop.  I can't think about what it would be like if he were here.  I don't have time to worry about how we would make the things we do now work with him by my side.  It is funny too because these are typically the activities and weekends that I think about him most.  God gave me a heaven mindset this weekend.  He gave me the courage to look through the lens with hope.  I did and it made this weekend so full of joy even in the midst of missing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik