Sunday, March 5, 2017

Happy Sunday

Today I had to let go of the many things I "needed" to do so that I could rest.  I received God's loving gift of rest on the Sabbath and I really enjoyed my day.  It was good to spend some time in that place today.  

We started our day with church this morning.  It was good to continue to dig deeper into our current journey series.  Brian spoke about our identity and how we find it.  He explained that if we want to find our true identity we have to go to God.  We have to spend time with our Heavenly Father in order to truly find our purpose and receive our gifts.  Finding our identity brings power and transformation.  I'm looking forward to this week's app work.  I can't wait to see where it leads us.

The twins have this new thing where they always whine as we walk out the door for church.  I'm not sure where it comes from, but as soon as we're on our way they are all smiles.  Today after church I asked John and Macy what they learned.  I got an earful (which I love) about Moses and how Jesus protected Moses.  They told me almost the entire story.  As we were leaving Johnny said, "Mom, church isn't so bad.  I really like it every time I come." I am glad they are comfortable.  I am glad they learn about Jesus and can recite truths about who they are and who Jesus is to them.

We left church and stopped at Sam's to pick up a couple of things.  We also got the car washed and stopped for lunch.  When we came home I sat outside with the twins while they rode their bikes in the driveway for a bit.  I finished a couple of additional chapters in the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio.

Once we came inside, the twins grabbed a snack and we sat together on the couch to "rest."  I'm the mean mom that made them rest today, on this beautiful day.  John walked in not long after and I tagged out.  I closed my eyes on the couch and fell asleep for a good long nap while the running up and down the hall began upstairs.  It was glorious.  I don't have a newsletter written for school tomorrow (which means an early morning for this girl), but that nap. Glorious.

This evening we spent time with great new friends.  We ate pizza and cookies and we let the kids run wild.  Thank you Russells!  When you have four year old twins, you don't typically have a lot of time alone with friends.  It was a great break and so fun to talk with adults!

I am now reflecting and readying myself for the week.  It will be a long one, I'm sure, but it will end with a girl's trip to Nashville!  I can't wait to see my APT C girls!  Happy Sunday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik