Saturday, February 10, 2018

Heaven Boxes

Johnny, Macy, and I were driving home this afternoon and we decided to stop and "honk" at Charlie.  It is our way of saying hello when its cold or raining outside.  Sometimes we just drive by his headstone and give him a little honk.  The twins each get to honk for him and Macy always has to honk his age.  Today she honked three times and then a quick fourth because she said, "He'll be turning four soon mom!"  I guess I can't argue with that.  

As we left we drove around the bend and visited a few other special people and then passed by the mausoleum.  Macy asked what the building was and what the words were that were on the wall of the mausoleum.  I explained that it was a building where people's bodies are kept that have died.  I said the words engraved on the outside are the names of the people inside each section.  I told her and John that each small square was another person's body.  Without hesitation she said, "Oh, they are heaven boxes."  

Tears welled up in my eyes and I said, "Well, yes, I guess you're right."  I stopped and thought for a few minutes.  Then I said, "Macy, did you know Charlie had a "heaven box" too.  He had a "heaven box" but his was buried in the ground."  

She smiled and said, "I am glad he has heaven Mommy."  

Through more tears I responded, "Me too Macy Kate.  Me too!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik