Thursday, March 8, 2018

To Marry or Not?!

This evening the twins came with me to the gym.  I needed to run five miles (since I opted out of my TEN after walking outside and realizing the wind chill was 20 degrees) and they were more than happy to accompany me.  They brought their soccer balls and played on the turf field next to the treadmill while I ran.

The best part of the entire evening was our drive home.  I love the conversations I get to have with them and driving is my favorite place to have these conversations because no one is distracted.  We are all stuck with one another in the best possible way.  So here is how is went down.

(Johnny) "Mom went I grow up I am going to get married."
(Me) "Oh yeah, who are you going to marry?"
(Johnny) "I don't know yet Mom.  I have to wait until I meet her."
(Me) "Well, okay, that sounds good."
(Macy) "Mom, I am not getting married.  But I do think I will get a house and a cat."
(Me) "Oh a cat...you know I love cats..." (as I roll my eyes)
(Macy) "Yes, a cat, or a dog, or a fish, or a horse, or a mouse, or a cow..."
(Me) "Wow!  That's a big list of animals.  Where are you living Macy? I am not sure you can have all those animals in Fort Thomas."
(Macy) "I don't know yet.  I was thinking across the street from you and daddy.  And I am not getting married.  Ever."

I am holding this conversation hostage on the blog so that someday I can share these small details of their futures with them when they are a bit older.  She definitely sounds like she has her mind made up.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik