Friday, May 13, 2011

Kids

Kids are some of my favorite people in the entire world.

How can you not love the innocent things they say and the sweet way that ask you questions that they think are SO important? I do not have children of my own, but hopefully someday I will be able to post the sweet and probably funny things my little ones say. For now, I will have to settle for my students (which I consider my own sometimes anyway)!

"Mrs. G, can we stay at Kroger all day today. This is way better than school!"
This was on our trip to Kroger to learn the value of a dollar (I never thought my sweet students would love math so much!).

"Don't step on a crack, you'll break your mother's back..."
This was a statement one of my boys said on the way to Kroger and PNC bank this morning (brought back memories of my own childhood).

"You should watch me do this flip because it will probably be the best thing you will see all day..."
This comment was made by one of my girls that LOVES scaring me as she climbs on the crazy jungle gym on our playground at school.

"Great job Tristen!"
One of my little girls was truly happy and congratulating another one of my students when he worked a problem correctly on the board. This made my heart happy.

I realize these are not earth shattering comments and I also know that my students can be stinkers sometimes, but in the midst of other crazy things going on at school, I held onto these simple moments that brought me such joy. God knows exactly when to show himself and so many times in my life it is through my students.



I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. And upon returning home from school today, I asked one of your sweet students if she tried her best at school today (since we had our heart-to-heart parent-teacher-stinker conference just yesterday I thought I should check in. Here's the exchange:

    "Gracie did you try your very hardest today?"

    "We didn't have to try our best today Mom, we had a field trip!"

    "You should have still tried your best today Gracie, Mrs. G. wants you to learn new things, even when you are on a field trip. that's the point."

    "I did learn new stuff mom! I learned that there are things at Kroger for a dollar and you always tell me there isn't! And I did learn stuff, I just didn't have to try my best to do it. Field trips make school NOT STRESSFUL!"

    Thought you'd want to know she learned something new today, AND had fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good to know that while it was incredibly stressful (in many unnecessary ways) on the teacher end, the trip made my kids lives a little less stressful on Friday and they learned something! I am so glad that Gracie was enjoying math too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik