Tuesday, August 2, 2011

She Shoots, She Misses

I have yet to update everyone on my home improvement projects from the beginning of the summer, so I thought I would take the time to show you where I am at since I am currently taking a much needed break from "the black hole" and the neglected cleaning and laundry.

Project #1: HOLES

We have been patching and patching and patching the many holes that we seem to come across on a regular basis in our home. We are getting close. Now it is time to pull out the paint and cover those ugly scars that our poor house has acquired along the way. When there is something finished to show I am sure I will share. (It is always a good feeling to share something complete.)

Project #2: Painting

Well, this was something that had to wait simply because of the scars (see above and below). We did finally get them covered though with the help of the one and only Brad (our handy man...) and hopefully sometime in the future when I am able to breath I will take the time to paint. Breaking out the paint is so terrifying because I know that the only thing that comes after that is hours of boring labor.


Project #3: Office Transformation

We did move our desk downstairs like you saw here and we love it (expect for when Johnny watches the TV too loud...but we are learning to compromise...sometimes)! We did also get the desk and bookshelf painted and the finished product looked a little something like this. It's not exactly what I wanted from here, but it will do with our budget of $0.00!


We are still working on the finishing touches and plan to move the current lamps to our bedroom. Hopefully we will find a new one for this area soon. Side note: We are using {and loving} a small ottoman from Target to host our printer and extra cords. I plan to purchase a file organizer and put our most needed files in this guy too. I wanted to share this tidbit for all you organizing crazies, like me!

Project #4: My Secret Project

This one is still sitting in pieces in the basement. It makes me tired just thinking about it!

So, with all my business now posted on my blog, I guess you can say I wasn't as productive as I thought I would be. So is life. Maybe over Christmas break I will get another itch to "get something accomplished." If you are a teacher or live with a teacher you know that August is NOT a month you can plan anything outside of the four walls of your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik