Monday, April 9, 2012

Our First Ultrasound


I can say from the beginning I have been extremely lucky as far as pregnancy symptoms go. I was a little bit nauseous but nothing too terrible and I was tired (and what pregnant woman isn't tired?!). So throughout the first trimester I sucked it up and drank lots of water (apparently that is the cure all for EVERYTHING when you are pregnant).

Our first appointment was scheduled for February 14th, which as you can tell from this post, ended up being the exact same day (and almost time) as sweet Kiley entered the world. But we made it and after talking with the doctor that day I knew we were having twins. Actually from the moment I found out I was pregnant I knew I was carrying twins. I don't really know what it was that made me feel that way, I just knew. I had prayed about it and knew this was part of God's plan for us. So when our first appointment came and went and our doctor scheduled an ultrasound just a few days later to "confirm it was just one" I knew my feeling was merited and would soon be confirmed.

A couple of days later we walked into the ultrasound room and sat patiently waiting to see our little babe on the screen. It took a minute for everything to register and for a picture to come up on the screen but quickly the tech announced, "You are pregnant with twins." I started laughing and crying at the same time and John almost passed out. It was a little more than he was prepared to hear that morning, but the smile that graced his face when he finally focused on the picture that had taken over the screen was priceless. It was one I will never forget.

We continued walking through the remainder of our day in complete shock (Johnny more than me) but quickly came to realize what a blessing we had been given. Here is a picture of our first ultrasound. Baby A and Baby B are healthy and strong in their first photo opp at 6 weeks and 5 days!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Casey! Congratulations. TWINS!! I love it. You will be the best mommy ever. Can't wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you have a blog and to follow your sweet babies' growth and lives!! Congrats to you all!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik