Friday, July 18, 2014

Charlie - Hope is the Anchor for my Soul

This was taken from Charlie's CaringBridge page on July 18, 2014 at 9:55 P.M. 

I have no words.  

This is undeniably the most difficult thing I have ever experienced in my entire life and I am certain I ever will.  We have felt every emotion that there is to feel and it doesn't seem like any of them will ever subside.  

When I get to heaven after I hug my sweet Charlie that is the first question I have for God...Why did you have to take Charlie from us when he was only 17 days old?  Why did Charlie have to go through that horrific 11 days in the ICU?  Why did our family have to go through that emotionally trying time?  

I trust Charlie's story will glorify God, but it doesn't make me hurt any less and it doesn't make me any less angry that it had to happen to my baby, Charlie.     

I wanted to write this for myself but also for everyone that has been following Charlie on this journey.  I am humbled when I look up in the corner of his Caring Bridge site and see that so many people are reading about him and praying for him.  Its overwhelming and encouraging to realize that he has caused so many (including myself and John) to be in constant conversation with God.  

Charlie passed away on July 17, 2014 at 10:30 in the evening.  I am so thankful that the Lord took him to heaven where we know Charlie is no longer in pain.  Charlie's name means "free man" which is exactly what he is experiencing now in heaven.  He is free of all of the pain and suffering, free of the medicine, free of the machines, and free of living in our broken world.  He is experiencing something far better than we can even dream of.  Revelation 21:4 says, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, sadness, crying, or pain, because all the old ways are gone."  

We plan to celebrate Charlie's life and remember him with a visitation and service on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at Muehlenkamp-Erschell Funeral Home in Fort Thomas, Kentucky.  The visitation will be from 10:00-12:00 and the service will follow at 12:00.  More information can be found here.
  
I want to thank every single person from the most sincere place in my heart that has been praying for Charlie and our family.  The love and support we have felt through all of this is immense.  We are forever grateful and in awe of our family, friends, and community.  One last verse we have to share is what we cling to now.  Hebrews 6:18-19 says, "God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.  This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.  It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary."   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik