Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Y'all!

We made it to the pool today and I literally thought I might cry (tears of joy this time, not frustration)!

We have been stuck in the house for far too long and if you read yesterday you know that I was on the verge of a meltdown!   I knew we needed to get out but that still did not motivate me to get my rear end out of bed.  This morning the person that God so graciously placed in my ear first thing this morning was my sister.  She called twice...within minutes. Thank goodness for the timing of all the people in my life calling to get me up and moving because I may still be in the same pajamas and in the same place had she not called!

She had no idea how much I needed to get out (or maybe she did...) but she called and said her kids were going crazy and wondered if we wanted to go to Coney.  I said, "Of course...I think we need to get out too."  

So we packed our pool bag (rather quickly), met at Coney, and enjoyed three glorious hours at the pool!  It almost felt like we were relaxing!  I think I may have even got a little bit of a sun burn!  Hallelujah!


And it didn't end there.  We went our separate ways to enjoy a nice LONG nap and then Kari called me a bit later to let me know that it was cow appreciation day at Chick-Fil-A.  I mean who wants to miss that!?  So of course we said we'd love to go, not only for the free chicken but also because our electricity is out and we can't be in our backyard because of all the limbs still falling out of our trees at the current moment.  No television and no outside = NO fun!  So we met them at Chick-Fil-A dressed in full cow gear and enjoyed dinner together.






Our night continued at the mall where I found a new pair of shoes (or two) and the kids played while Kari and I enjoyed a pretzel from the Pretzel Twister.  Again, I would say we were almost relaxing and enjoying each other's company...what a change from just one day ago.

It's always an adventure with four kids but today for some reason they were ALL in perfect moods and listened actually really well.  I think we spent a total of $3.50 (minus my new shoes) and I would probably bet anyone my kids would say this was one of the best days they have had all summer.  It was perfect.  I think I may say the same thing.

And bonus...I heard WAY more giggling today than I heard crying.  That always makes for a good day.  Here is a round up of the past few days.

   

P.S. Thank you to the sweet friend that sent me a text at the most perfect time this morning to reassure me that it is completely normal for the emotionally unstable two year olds to cry A. LOT.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik