Saturday, November 21, 2015

#5 Write Your Grief: Giving Grief a Voice

Let's think of this exercise as inviting your grief to introduce himself or herself to you.  Who are you?  Tell me who you are...
  
This came to me in the middle of the day yesterday.  I knew exactly what I wanted to say and wrote it quickly on my phone so that I wouldn't forget.  But I lost it all.  For some reason the note was not there when I opened it today to post it.  This piece was actually the piece that made me feel like this writing class was going to be worth it.  This was worth the feelings and pain that it is bringing up in me because I was able to introduce grief as someone separate from myself.  It isn't me.  It's like someone following me around.  I'm sad I lost it, but grateful I was able to get the thoughts on paper for a bit and brand it on my heart to help myself know we are not one in the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik