Saturday, November 21, 2015

#6 Write Your Grief: What Would It Mean to Offer Kindness?

"Let me be to my sad self hereafter kind." Peter Pouncy

What would it mean to offer kindness to yourself in your grief?  What would kindness look like? 

When I think about offering kindness to myself the first thing that comes to mind is the word "impossible."  These have to be the absolute worst circumstances to try and be kind to myself.  I feel like I am failing so many people in so many ways.  I feel like I am only half a wife, half a mom, half a daughter, half a sister, half a friend, half a teacher, half a person sometimes.  How can you forgive and forgive the same person for the same silly mistakes over and over and over again.  When I feel like I could be better and I know I have been better, how can I just overlook the mistakes?  How can I overlook the carelessness?

So I guess I can't answer this question right now.  I am just not sure what it would mean to offer myself kindness? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik