Saturday, February 20, 2016

Cheerleaders

This week I had to give blood and it ended up working out that I had to take the twins with me.  I wasn't thrilled about it (I hate needles) and I'm not sure they were either but I promised everyone (including myself) a doughnut and we all attended the task at hand.  Before we left Johnny said, "Mommy I think this might hurt my heart if it hurts you..."  And I think that may actually be true, he is the most kind-hearted little boy I have ever known; always worried about everyone else.

We pulled in and it was a pretty quiet morning at the doctor which was going to be great for me.  I wanted to get in and out as soon as possible!  I am not even entirely sure how I made it in because normally when I'm left on my own to make the decision to give blood or not, I always choose the latter.  For whatever reason we made it inside and the twins immediately started talking up a storm.  They wanted to know what everything said, what everything was, and the exact reason I had to be here.  I gave them little information as I was starting to get nervous.  I was quickly called back  and as I sat down in the chair the nurse prepped me and got started.  I quietly explained I am not wonderful at giving blood (as I feel it is only fair to warn people of my sometimes hysterical reaction to needles).  Johnny then looked right at me and said, "Yes are you Mommmy!  You are so wonderful at this.  You are the best."  As he was talking Macy found my hand and squeezed it in hers.  "Momma this is going to make you feel so much better.  It will be over so soon!  Don't be sad Mommy."  They continued to praise me and look into my eyes.  At one point Macy even said, "Mommy you don't want to look over there...blood is coming out."  Thanks May...

I sat there and realized I had my very own cheerleaders that think I am good at everything.  And they are here with me in little moments like this at the doctor and the big moments to tell me they love me and I am the best.  I can do it.  They were so encouraging (and distracting) that my blood work was over before I knew it and we were on our way to the goodness that awaited us across the street at Graeters.   I hope I never stop hearing them cheer me on.  I hope I always cherish their words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik