Friday, April 1, 2016

Spring Break 2016

This trip has been 100% better than any other trip we've ever taken. The twins are beyond excited and it has been contagious. I'm pretty sure I have never been this excited about going to Florida. Don't get me wrong I like laying out in the sun but to be honest, "sand between my toes" doesn't really make me happy. I prefer the pool...with no kids...and a book...and snacks. But who doesn't?! 

So these precious quotes come into conversations often lately and/or are happening as I type.  They are just enough to make me smile this year when I think about Florida and they were just enough to keep me happy while I packed. 

"Mom, I'm hungry! I'm hungry for Florida!" What Johnny said this morning when he woke up. 

"Momma, I don't want to eat. I want to go to Gigi and Poppy's Florida house.  We have to go there...no, no, no! Don't stop!" What Macy pleaded as we pulled into McDonald's for dinner and a bathroom break. 

"Mommy, I think dad is going the wrong way." What John told me when he had had enough of the car.  And the best part we were only a couple hours into our 15+ hour trip. 

"Is it time for the beach yet??!" What both Macy and John have asked for nearly a month as we started talking about our spring break plans. 

"Can I have cheese at the beach? And goldfish?" What Macy confirmed she wanted once we arrived at the beach in case she got hungry.

"All we need are sandwiches and strawberries mommy." What John explained we should take to the beach so "we can stay all day..."

"How many more sleeps momma?" What Macy inquired each night before our prayers. 

I could go on, but I won't. Now you know and I can remember how truly excited we all were for Florida this year. It should be an exciting week. Here's hoping I get an hour or two to lay out in the sun...with no kids...and a book....and of course, snacks! 


1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you did to keep them busy :-) may borrow some of your ideas for my plane ride :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik