Monday, December 5, 2016

My Child Died, I Don't Need Advice...

This hit me hard today.  It is so true for the many of us grieving the loss of our children.  I read it and immediately felt glad that I am not the only one that feels this way.  

"My child died.  I don't need advice.  All I need is for you to gently close your mouth, open wide your heart and walk with me until I can see in color again."

If you have this weird desire to say something to help, do not say it.

You may not realize it, but time does not heal all wounds.   I do have faith.  I am thankful for my blessings.   And everything does not happen for a reason.  I can't even begin to count the number of times I have heard these things; all in an effort to make me 'feel better.'  

I was somewhere this weekend and I overheard a part of a conversation where someone said, "There is not a good reason that my child is buried underground while my feet keep walking on this earth."  My heart stopped.  I understood a place in that person's heart that many people cannot understand.  It is backwards and it takes everything in me to see things in color.  It is hard to smell the roses.  But I take one step at a time because I know that is all I can do.  On the hard days, I sit and rest a lot.  I look at the bigger picture and the long haul that is eternity and realize I get to see my son again.  I get to kiss his sweet face when I get to heaven.  I can't wait for that day.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik