Monday, May 15, 2017

"Your Father Remembers"

Sunday, Mother's Day, has come and gone.  It always seems to be this inflated holiday that never quite lives up to all the hype that surrounds it.  I have learned to tame the hype in my head.  I have learned that life does not always bring a big party for Mother's Day or any day for that matter.  The real problem I have now is not that I want a big party or have any high expectation for my husband or kids, rather I have this desire for everyone to remember and recognize that I am missing Charlie.  After all, he is one of my babies.  He is my third baby.  He is one of the reasons I am a mom; the reason I get to celebrate Mother's day in such a special and unique way.    

So this weekend I had one sweet dear friend from college write me a quick note on Facebook that said, "...missing Charlie with you."  My heart burst open and I was suddenly overwhelmed by that note.  My heart was happy and my head was full of memories of my boy that were released when I knew someone missed him with me.  I told her thank you for thinking of him and I briefly explained that some days I feel like I am the only one that remembers him.  In as simple a response as she sent the first time she said, "...your Father will never forget."  It was then that I stopped and brought it all before my Heavenly Father and said, "Remember with me God."

It was another Mother's Day without one of my babies but I was happy to remember all the memories I have of him with my Heavenly Father.  I was happy to get time with someone that knows the deepest, darkest parts of my heart.  It was the perfect end to my Mother's Day.  It was a good day.    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik