Monday, October 9, 2017

Perfectly Imperfect

It's a little bit crazy how much anxiety I get when we have family pictures taken.  Every year right around this time we have our pictures taken and every year I turn into a crazy person.  I know what it is, I just don't really want to admit why I feel the way I do.  It is an overwhelming need.  It is something that I have to coordinate and I have to make sure is perfect because I am reminded on a regular basis that we do not have very many pictures of Charlie and I can't let that happen again.  I want to have pictures and I want to have these memories of my babies growing up.  It is really important to me.    

It is amazing though how every single time we get ready to have pictures made I worry over the outfits, the weather, and our moods to name just a few.   And yet somehow we always make it through.

Today was the day we had our family pictures taken.  We had our clothes picked out and I pressed them all.   We had matching shoes.  We were showered and every one's hair was perfect.  We looked like a magazine ad.  Ok, so maybe that is an exaggeration but we looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself.  And then we went outside and the weather grabbed our hair (or maybe just my hair), our seatbelts wrinkled our clothes, and we were a little less than happy as hunger pains and tired feet started knocking on our door.  What I realized in that moment was we are not perfect and we're not supposed to be. However, this is us at this exact moment and our imperfect is actually perfect in my eyes.  I am going to cherish these pictures regardless of how crazy my hair is or how imperfect we all look.  I am going to cherish them as long as I live.        

These two are ready to go get their pictures taken! 

He warms my heart.  He makes me smile. 

She is a mini me and always grabs me tight and makes me smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik