Wednesday, December 13, 2017

This Time...This Generation...This Purpose

I am sitting here having just wrapped up the last session in our six week bible study on The Church of the Small Things.  I am honored to have hosted this study.  I opened it up when I first learned about the study to whomever was interested on Facebook.  I wanted to walk through the study and I wanted to share one of my favorite people, Melanie Shackle, with my friends.  That was it.  I had no expectations.  I simply wanted to spend some time with other women and dive into the truths that I had already found in her book.  

I have had joy-filled Wednesday evenings for a little over two months because of the women that walked into my home and shared their hearts.  My heart is full.  It was such a gift to have so many wise and REAL women sitting in my basement.  Each and every one of them came with open hearts and open minds and shared the parts of them that God gave them that were special and unique to only them.  

Melanie said this evening in the last video for the study, "God is the one that has plans and purposes that we cannot even imagine...He says, 'You know where I want to use you?  With those students that come into your classroom everyday....That's where I want to use you.  That is where your ministry is.  That is exactly where I placed you because I knew you were uniquely designed for this time and this generation and this purpose.  There is this small corner of the world that isn't going to look the way its supposed to look if you are not dialing in to the purposes I have for you there.'" 

This study has been a reminder to me that I should relish in the fact that God put me in my first grade classroom at Woodfill for a reason.  And he blessed me with a home on Rossford Avenue in Fort Thomas for a reason.  Each of the places I find myself throughout my "small" days is exactly where he wants me to be.  He wants me to be faithful in the small things and bring Him glory.  That's what I am doing and as I head to bed I am falling asleep with a renewed sense of worth because the King of the Universe set aside a small corner of the world just for me.  It wouldn't look the way it is supposed to look without me.  I can now say that with confidence.  

Tonight was a good night with women that I now call friends.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik