Wednesday, January 3, 2018

20 Questions

These are the questions Macy asked me this evening when I was laying her down for bed.

"Why did Charlie have to die?"
"Where is heaven?"
"What do you think heaven is like?"
"Is heaven by the big park in the middle of town?"
"Does Jesus have wings?"
"Does Charlie have wings?"
"Why would they need wings in heaven?"
"How did Charlie die?"
"Why couldn't Charlie come home before he died?"
"Will I like heaven?"
"Will you be in heaven?"
"How do you get to heaven?"
"Do you have to be old to go to heaven?"
"Will Charlie stay a baby in heaven or will he grow up?"
"I don't want to be wrinkly, do I have to get wrinkles when I get old like grandma?"
"Will I get to see Charlie when I go to heaven?"
"Will we be a family still in heaven?"
"Will you go to heaven with me?"
"Will other people we love be in heaven?"
"How do you know when it is time to go to heaven?"

I lost track after the first twenty questions.  She kept going and asking and breaking my heart all at the same time.  I'm thankful we get to talk about heaven and Jesus so openly in our home and I am so glad it is imprinted on her little heart but I can't help but worry that she is overwhelmed with this grief that she inherited.  I guess that is how grief is for everyone, kind of inherited.  At least it isn't something we choose.

So as I walk through these questions with her say a prayer for me that I have the knowledge and wisdom to encourage her to ask the questions when she needs to but also to help her understand that God provides and he is a good Father that always takes care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik